Thursday, September 20, 2007

Paint by numbers DIY...


I know that's a bit of a moronic phrase being that the concept behind paint by numbers is DIY, but you really can DIY your own paint by numbers. Color By Number 2.5 lets you to convert a photo to a paint-by-number pattern. Just scan the photo or load graphics file from disk, choose the brand of paints/crayons to be used and the program will convert your photo to a paint-by-number pattern optimized for the palette you have chosen. They offer a free trial and if you like, you can purchase the software for $19.95. Think of the possibilities.

And for those of you who like your DIY already done, ebay seller theoneandonlycountblah has this fantastic retro vintage horse in a frame for a current bid of $15.50 with a little over 4 hours to go. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Grey!

Seems like a great way to memorialize a beloved pet face---I have a few of my own dear ones in mind.

Di Overton said...

I did a paint by numbers just like this one when I was 5 but I didn't keep inside the numbers. My mum kept it on her bedroom wall right up until she died. Now that's love.

Another Shade of Grey said...

That was love di.

What a fabulous idea Jane.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I wanted to have paint-by-numbers portraits of ourselves to give out as wedding favors. We could have come up with the canvas part in photoshop by ourselves, but mapping to a real-life set of coloring implements is what caused us to give up. This software is five years too late! Arrrrr!

Anonymous said...

I used to love paint by numbers when I was a kid. I usually did a snoopy picture of some kind. This is really cool. Just another thing to keep me on the computer for hours and hours. LOL

Another Shade of Grey said...

Aw Kim, that's just my luck as well.

MyStarbucks, I feel you. The computer is sucking the life out of me. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...